Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Story Behind the Card: Pumpkin Thank You

I'm super excited about the new card I posted on Etsy today. Its a simple but fun Thank You card with an Autumn Theme. And it was created in part with my new fun gadget: a touch pad pen!

The design still began with one of my hand-drawn pen and ink doodles (the main pumpkin), which I scanned into photoshop (and hand in the past featured as a gift-tag design). The design was too small for a full sized card, so this is where the creative digital touches took hold. Using the line drawing functions in photoshop I created the lines for the border. Then I added the text.
But the card still looked a little empty to me, I wanted to add just a little more... and this is where the pen came in! Using my fun little toy, I drew an additional swirling vine above the pumpkin, along with border of the card. I actually was continuing a vine that had been hand drawn. Can you tell where the hand drawing ends and the digital doodle begins.
I doubt I'd ever give up my hand-drawing completely, but it is fun to dip my toes into the waters of digital drawing!
Love this card? Check out my entire Autumn Collection at my BdoodleZ Etsy Store.

No comments: