Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Doodle Story

One of my fall favorites is my "Apple Basket" design.



This doodle started out like many of my card designs as an idea in my head that I then tried to bring to life through pen and ink. The original finished doodle however, did not quite look like the ones you see above. In my original drawing the sky was much different. I went through the entire card design process, printed it out and showed it to my hubby, who declared that the sky didn't look quite right... although I agreed, the idea of changing the doodle now, after all the work I had already put in, wasn't the most appealing to me.

I took his advice to heart, grabbed my roll of trace, and redrew the entire sky. Changing a doodle once scanned and edited is NOT easy, it takes a lot of time consuming patch work to join two designs... but in the end I am so happy I took that time! Not only do I love the end result, but it has been one of my most popular fall cards!

The final chapter of the stories, comes from the evolution of the card product itself. Originally listed in my shop as just a greeting card, at the suggestion of a super cool customer, I created a tag version of the card as well! Come check out this little duo of apple delight!

1 comment:

Julie B said...

Great cards! Love your designs :)