Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Doodle Story



Today's featured doodled is my "vertical daisy" design. This doodle was not originally drawn to be a card. It was a doodle from way back when in one of my older doodle books. When I firsted started making cards out of my doodles, I went back through the old books to see what designs could maybe make good cards, and this was one.
My first BdoodleZ cards were solely black and white so this design was featured without any color. After I began doing colorized cards, I decided to make my flower note cards available in color too. Depending on the amount of hatching adding color can often take a long time. My newer designs are drawn with coloring in mind, so spaces between lines (for example) are often spread out well enough to allow for the color. But the hatching for the daisies was extremely close. So to achieve the color affect I had to digitally erase a lot of the hatching in the grass... a very time consuming process. But well worth it because I love the final result!

Check out this flower design and three other unique flower cards sold together in a four set of note cards: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10889555

No comments: