Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Doodle Story

Today I begin what I hope will be a new feature here on my blog: the Doodle Story where I share a bit of the story behind the doodle.

This card, simply titled "Wedding Dress", was created (like so many of my card designs) because I needed a card for my sister's bridal shower gift.




While I can't pinpoint exactly where the idea for the image itself came from, I imagine that somewhere in the back of my mind, I remembered a photo from my own wedding, a close up of my bridal bouquet which i just loved loved loved. While nowhere the same image, you could call them sister looks.

The Design has gone through a few transformations from where it began. The original version, which I used for my sister, had almost no color in it, only the flowers and a few of the triangle lines on the outside. But as I began to rethink the design, I thought that adding some color to the swirl hatch might help the white of the dress POP! which, it did. The version shown here is one that I love.

No comments: